We are actively monitoring the current National, State, and local health agencies and their recommendations concerning COVID-19-related risks, and prepare accordingly. As we have with previous disasters or emergencies such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, snow, and ice we are ready to take on this new challenge.
Specifically, we are:
- Collaborating with both of Gayco’s pharmacies in Alpharetta and Dublin, our suppliers, and logistics teams with a focus on meeting the needs of the residents and communities we serve.
- Developing travel, Work-From-Home, and other HR-related guidance to help employees stay safe and healthy.
- Working with public health organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Georgia Department of Health, American Medical Directors Association and Georgia Health Care Association to boost our awareness of National, State, and local emergency preparedness efforts and capabilities as well as Gayco’s anticipated role.
Medication Supply Chain
We are closely monitoring the global manufacturing environment. We do not see any disruptions to the supply chain that will affect our ability to fill prescriptions now and into the near future. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is also closely monitoring medications that are made in China or rely solely on active pharmaceutical ingredients from China. The agency also said it has reminded more than 180 manufacturers to notify the FDA of any potential supply chain disruptions. Given the fluid nature of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we will continue to monitor the situation and work with our suppliers to address issues as they arise.
Consulting and Delivery Services
We are sensitive to and want to comply with the needs of our communities concerning visitation and have instructed our team to check-in and comply with instructions once they arrive at your facilities. For now, we will continue to schedule all our visits as we normally would. If there is any specific need you may have please contact Gayco.
We Are Your Trusted Pharmacy Partner
We don’t take these words lightly; we know the level of trust you place in Gayco. We strive every day to meet and exceed your expectations. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you once again as we face this latest challenge and look forward to a quick and positive outcome.
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.. While pumping gasoline at a station, lift the dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain an infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
Further Information and Handouts from the CDC on Keeping our Workplace, Schools and Homes Safe:
Please know that the Gayco Healthcare Team is always available 24/7 to address any concerns you have.